Feb 18, 2018

Peace, Love Coffee


It is time for another encouragement challenge at Calling All Sistahs
Our challenge is to use the inspiration photo below to create a card to send someone a word of encouragement as they go through a struggle. It doesn't have to be cancer it can be for someone who has lost someone, lost a job, or just needs a word of encouragement. The real challenge is will you mail it? I love to go to the mailbox and find happy mail instead of or with the bills, always makes my heart happy.

oh and 
There is a prize involved as well, a $25 voucher to CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and if you use CAS-ual Fridays products and are the winner it will increase to $50

here is the inspiration photo


To make my card I started with a top folding Crumb Cake card base and a white panel cut down with a stitched die. Next I cut the coffee cup out using the Coffee Cup Fri-dies both in a dark blue and patterned paper and then cut the handle off of the floral one and off set the dark blue one to give it more dimension. I colored the "coffee" using a Copic marker. To finish the card I added the greeting at the bottom. 




5 comments :

  1. Ceal, as always, you pay attention to the smallest detail (the steam that you added to the background, the handle, the dsp choice). This card is beautiful. Anyone would be lucky to receive this. Thanks for sharing how you made this beautiful card.

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty cup you made. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super take on the photo and I would love a mug with this pretty pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a card that would definitely warm one's heart! I love the stitched mat and the steam, and of course, the sentiment! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want one of your pretty floral coffee mugs, Ceal! It would brighten any day

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile